Regardless of your job title, any corporate member of a direct selling company needs to master event planning. All direct sales businesses really run because of our events, so we are all involved. In this training, Brett Duncan and Dick Wilson from Strategic Choice Partners walk you through the ins and outs of planning your next direct sales convention or event effectively.
Get Instant Access to this webinar and many others. Create your free account now!
Both Brett and Dick share their individual methodologies for planning events. Feel free to pick and choose ideas from each of their presentations, because in the end, the best plan is the one you actually do.
4 Big Obstacles in the Planning Process
- Spatial vs. Linear Thinkers.
Spacial Thinkers – brainstorm mode at all times; think big
Linear Thinkers – jump straight into the details; like timelinesWe all plan differently, and no one person can plan the whole agenda. Sure, you can have one person who drives it, but you must have input from many different members such as the marketing, sales, IT and international expansion teams. There are also many different personalities you need to account for.
- Details First. Some companies start in the details way too soon. Details are necessary, but not at the beginning. It’s just not reasonable.
- Last Minute Button. During the planning process, there will be some items that have to happen last minute that you can’t control. This is why you need to plan everything you can upfront so you have plenty of margin to take care of the last minute items. Don’t push it all to the very last minute, then let items fall through the cracks because you are rushed.
- Nothing to Promote. It is way easier to promote your event when you have details to give. It’s great to have your details fleshed out so you can present different types of messages to different people.
5 Step Process
There is a five step process you should use when planning your event, and these are some top level items you should always keep in mind. Follow the steps outlined in the training and success will be your outcome. Here are three of those steps:
- Start in the clouds and end in the details
- Account for the different planning styles of everyone involved
- Allow for “elbow room” between phases
Gain Access to the FREE Webinar
- Create your own free account at strategicchoicepartners.com/join.
- Instantly download this webinar along with many other direct selling resources!
Leave a Reply