What a Year 2017 Was!
If you’re like us, even in the midst of kicking off 2018, you’re still reflecting a bit on what 2017 was all about. Was it a good year? Productive? Did it go like you thought it would, or did it slide way off the tracks?
At SCP, we’re taking a look back at 2017, and all we can say is … “WOW!” Sure, it was the best year in terms of total sales for our firm to date. But that’s really not how we measure success here. Our job is to make the lives and businesses of our clients better, be that through sales growth, field development, operational excellence or simply launching a new company.
With that in mind, here are a few numbers that communicate what we got to do in 2017. Thanks to every single one of our clients for partnering with us and making this year such a fulfilling one for us.
In 2017, Strategic Choice Partners worked with 34 different direct selling companies, of all different shapes and sizes. Most are based in the U.S., but some are headquartered in other countries.
Of the 34 companies we worked with, 23 of them were repeat customers. Which says a lot. With some, we were continuing long-term relationships that carried over from 2016 (and even beyond). With others, old friends reached out to us when they had a challenge they needed some help overcoming. There really isn’t much more of a compliment we can be given than for a client to continue to work with us.
We work with companies of all shapes and sizes, as the numbers are about to show you. Six of the companies we worked with in 2017 generated more than $500 million according to their 2016 sales numbers. Some of the projects we worked on for this group included . . .
- Consulting work and research related to launching in Mexico and bolstering a Hispanic market
- Assessing and auditing departmental processes for better operational excellence and internal collaboration
- Compensation plan adjustments
- Strategic Planning Sessions and Facilitation
- Expert witnesses for specific legal cases
Eight of the companies we worked with generated between $100 and $500 million in total sales in 2016.
Projects for this group included …
- Digital roadmap creation
- IT Systems assessment and implementation support
- Ongoing project management and change management oversight
- Strategic planning sessions
- Convention speech support
- Keynote speaking
- Compensation plan adjustments and consultation
- Video production
- Online training website creation and oversight
20 of the companies we worked with generated up to $100 million in sales in 2016 (if they existed then – see below). So many young and small companies are looking for ways to accelerate their growth and modernize how they present themselves, and they reach out to us to tap into our vast experience, but at a fraction of the price to hire full-time employees.
Projects for this group included ….
- Field development and recruiting campaigns
- Interim Sales executive oversight
- Interim CFO responsibilities
- Test parties and forecasting
- Ongoing payroll and tax support
- Rebrand launch and change management
- Strategic facilitation
- Market/Country relaunch and repositioning
- Financial tune-up assessments
- Software selection support and IT oversight
Of the 20 companies who generated $100 million or less in sales, eight of those companies have been in existence for two years or less, and several of them actually launched in 2017, or are preparing for a launch in 2018.
For startups, the work we do covers the gamut, from compensation plan design and creation to complete interim operational oversight and management.
From 2015 to 2017, Strategic Choice Partners has worked with more than 70 different direct selling companies.
Our team increased to a total of ten in 2017, with the addition of Jeannie Price in the last half of the year. Look for that number to grow even more in 2018.
Our Partners and Associates have a combined experience of more than 210 years working for and/or with direct selling companies.
Let’s Work Together in 2018!
No matter what challenge you’re facing, whether you’re trending up, or trending down, we have the experience, insights and availability to help you both identify the next steps to take, and help you take them.